In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Hose 5 Fire Museum

Hose 5 Fire Museum Facts

Founded:
The Hose 5 Fire Museum was built in 1897 and used for close to 100 years before the replacement fire station was built on the Hogan Road. Today, the former fire station is used as a fire museum.

Collections:
Many items pertaining to the history of firefighting. Some include; 1930 McCann Pumper, 1946 Jeep Willys, 1917 Garford Pumper, alarm boxes, hand tools, brass poles, vintage bunker gear, hose carts, wooden water mains, and a life net.

Facilities:
Admission to the museum at 247 State Street is free.

Hours and tours: